Here we are. For those of you that don't know, I (Amy) have voluntarily decided to leave my 13-year career at Hallmark to become a stay-at-home mom. Wow. I never in a million years thought that this would be my life, but I am so incredibly excited to begin this next chapter of my life. I will miss my friends at Hallmark (and my discount!), but I have been drifting in this direction since I went back to work after Josh was born. Jamie and I have been blessed in ways too numerous to count that made all of this possible. I honestly felt that saying "no" to this opportunity - as many improbable doors were opened - was being disobedient to God and His will for my life.
So, today is the first day of this new life. No case of the Mondays here! Jacob is actually out of school today for teacher in-service, so I don't think we'll have a true glimpse into the new life until tomorrow. This morning has already been active - thunderstorms rolling through at sunrise (yay!), taking Josh to a soccer class - and this afternoon is a movie date with my boys. Oh, yeah, and it's Opening Day, so we'll grill out for dinner! The sun is shining and the birds are chirping in a Disney-esque way to start the week.
After multiple promises to keep this blog updated, I think I have removed all of my obstacles (um, that would be "excuses" in non-Corporate America speak!). My 2010 objective is to live life to its fullest and spend time rediscovering my boys... Pool passes go on sale in a couple of weeks! :)
Annie said it best... "I think I'm gonna like it here!"
I am so excited for you! Know that I am here anytime you might need an ear!!
ReplyDeleteLove you!!!
Cyn